Thursday, December 23, 2010

Eyeglasses: A Calling Card For Your Face.

Well...new blog banner. Why, you may ask?
This evening my dearest friend Emily pointed out that I was MISSPELLED the word 'sincerely' on the banner.


I. am. an. idot.

So....NEW BANNER! WHO!!

I got glasses today for the first time. (Pics of that and other things later.)


This was an interesting experience. I have always wanted glasses. I think that glasses really say a lot about an individual: How a person wants to present themselves, how intelligent they are, what their style aesthetic is, whether they are blind and have glass eyes or not.. . etc. Call me shallow, but I feel like glasses are a very good indicator of all of these things...they're like a calling card of sorts you happen to wear on your face.

Let me illustrate this principal a little for you, friends:


Example A: These glasses say "I'm trying to be cool and ironic. I like to think I'm really really with it. I work at American Apparel. I took these glasses from my dead Great Aunt Judy's House."



Example B: These glasses say "I'm a maximum security prisoner. I'm wondering how long it would take me to whittle these suckers down and make a shank."


Example C: These glasses say: "I'm the wealthiest cat lady in the United States. I have 60 cats in my high-rise apartment and I crumple hundred dollar bills all over their meow mix for dinner."

Example D: These glasses say " I'm John Lennon."

Well there you go, friends! Now you see what I'm talking about. I'm not sure what "statement" I'm trying to make with my glasses yet...but I'll let you know.



Love,
Suz

1 comment:

  1. Haha, so true! I loved every single definition of each glass. So freaking true!

    ReplyDelete